Monday, August 12, 2013

Au Naturel

MAKE-UP! I know majority of the girls would say... "I can't leave the house without make-up on (heavy or light)." May it be just a quick glide of lip gloss or simply curling of the lashes. Girls definitely list Make-up on their must-haves and must-do for the day. I for once is a make-up lover, it started when I joined beauty pageants, which is at 6th grade. Since then I learned how to put on make-up (I usually do the heavy type), was even a hoarder. I really meant WAS, coz for now, I toned down a little. Why? My love doesn't like too much make-up on me, he even likes it better if I don't wear any make-up at all, but it's hard to just cut the habit I've been used to since my puberty stage lol. So I had to practice on putting make-up that isn't too much nor too little. Not too bare but something that looks natural. And so I did figure out how to, and I wanna share it along with my outdoor beauty essentials which I'm sticking to for like forever :)

INSIDE MY KIKAY KIT


Unlike other women who put on concealer first, my first step is putting on eyebrow mascara. (My personal rationale: I'm still working on perfecting my brow make-up. Since i'm using a mascara, I always leave a little smudge outside my brows which I later wipe off or clean with eye and BB creams and make my brows more defined.)

I use Etude House Color My Brows in Reddish brown, since it's almost the same color with my hair which is Mahogany Brown by the way.

Next is putting on eye cream. Eye bags and dark circles are among my biggest pet peeves, so i make sure my eyes have the same skin tone, or much better, have a lighter tone than my face to emphasize them more. Then, I start to even out the whole of my face and neck to make it more flawless with my BB cream.

I started to use Garnier Light BB eye roll-on on my 2nd year in College. I stick to it since then. For my BB Cream, I love Skin Food's Apple Cinnamon tea, it smells really good and has SPF 36. 

My third step is putting on mascara and curling my lashes. Yup, it came before putting on foundation. Same rationale on why I put on brow mascara before concealer. If I leave a little smudge on my eyelids I could wipe it off with my foundation. Well that's my style, leave it haha.

Maybelline's The Hyper Curl Volum' Express is my top pick since I wasn't blessed with long thick lashes (boohoo!).  That curlash has been with me for two years now, it's from Nichido.

Then foundation for a cleaner finish.

MAC will be my forever favorite brand for foundation. This shade is C4.

Finally, a little blush and smudge of lip tint then...
I use Maybelline Pure Blush Mineral for my cheeks and Etude House Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color for my lips. Both in the shade of Peach, which I think is the most natural color you could give to your cheeks and lips.


 VOILA! Au Naturel :)


Hope this so-so make-up tutorial could be a little help to those who wanna achieve a naked but with make-up look. Toodles, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment